This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This moist Strawberry Crunch Cake is topped with a creamy whipped topping made with cream cheese and powdered sugar. The of entirety is a pleasant crunch topping constituted of crushed golden Oreos and freeze-dried strawberries.
I really like a great strawberry dessert, particularly in the summertime months! It feels so festive and makes each BBQ have a deliciously candy ending. Try this Strawberry Tart, this scrumptious (and straightforward!) Recent Strawberry Pie and this yummy Strawberry Icebox Cake.
Strawberry Crunch Cake Recipe
When you’ve got by no means had strawberry crunch cake and are questioning what it’s, you might be in for a deal with, particularly in case you love strawberries. The bottom cake is strawberry flavored ( you can also make this from scratch with this recipe or from a field). It’s topped with a whipped topping, however the easiest half is the place you get the crunch. Sprinkled on high is a mix of crushed vanilla Oreos and dehydrated strawberries.
We love this cake not solely as a result of it’s stuffed with strawberry taste however the texture. It’s a match made in heaven. The cake is moist and scrumptious, however each chew has a scrumptious crunch. I really like a recipe with a twist, and this one takes a basic cake to an entire different degree!
What Substances are in Strawberry Crunch Cake?
The substances listing may be very easy. And when you do that recipe, you’ll wish to just be sure you at all times have them available! The entire precise ingredient measurements may be discovered under within the recipe card on the backside of the put up.
- Strawberry Cake Combine: You can also make this straightforward by simply grabbing boxed cake combine from the shop!
- Strawberry Jello: I really like strawberry gelatin, and this provides an additional punch of taste to the combo.
- Eggs: I at all times use massive eggs when I’m baking.
- Vegetable Oil: This provides moisture to the cake, making it the proper comfortable and fluffy texture.
- Milk: You should utilize 1 % or 2 % milk on this recipe.
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- Golden Oreos: Take away the filling out of your Oreos earlier than you make the topping.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries: I discover these within the aisle on the grocery retailer with nuts, chocolate chips, and baking additions.
- Butter: I used salted butter on this strawberry crunch cake recipe.
- Cream Cheese: Let this sit out and are available to room temperature to combine in higher.
- Powdered Sugar: This blends seamlessly, making the topping clean and candy.
- Whipped Topping: Let the Cool Whip thaw earlier than mixing it with different substances. I prefer to preserve it in my fridge relatively than my freezer in order that it’s able to go.
Is Strawberry Crunch Cake Simple to Make?
Sure! This recipe is so easy and comes collectively in lower than an hour. That’s baking and frosting time included! It’s an excellent recipe to be served with any meal for dessert. Everybody loves it!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 baking dish with pan spray. Put aside.
- Combine the Cake Batter: Add the cake combine, jello powder, eggs, oil, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium pace for two minutes.
- Bake and Cool: Add the batter to the ready baking dish and bake for 25-Half-hour till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle and the middle springs again when evenly pressed on. Let the cake cool utterly.
- Make the Topping: To organize the topping beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl till clean. Add ⅓ of the whipped topping and stir till clean.
- Unfold the Topping: Fold within the remaining whipped topping and unfold evenly excessive of the cooled cake.
- Add the Strawberry Crunch: Add the golden Oreos (with out the filling) and the freeze-dried strawberries to a big ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. You may crush them as a lot or as little as you’d like. I like a mix of chunky bits and crumbs. Sprinkle as a lot or as little as you’d like over the strawberry cake. I used about half of the combination.
Variations and Substitutions
There are just a few alternative ways to substitute substances for this strawberry crunch cake recipe in case you don’t have a few of them available. Listed below are just a few ideas which you could strive!
- Use oil as a substitute of butter: Substitute the oil for melted butter if you need a lighter crumb, although bear in mind that oil tends to make muffins a bit extra moist.
- How you can make home made Cool Whip: Should you can’t discover whipped topping (Cool Whip) at your retailer, you can also make some at residence from scratch! As a substitute of utilizing 8 ounces of whipped topping, combine 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and blend till it types stiff peaks.
- Half the topping: Should you don’t like plenty of crumb topping, be at liberty to half the topping to ½ ounce of freeze-dried strawberries and 6 Golden Oreos.
Can I Make These Cupcakes As a substitute?
Sure! This strawberry crunch cake makes scrumptious cupcakes and is the proper little hand-held deal with to make this a straightforward grab-and-go dessert possibility.
- Add Batter to Liner: Fill 24 cupcake liners ⅔ of the best way full with the batter.
- Bake and Cool: Bake at 350 levels Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Add Cream Frosting and Crunch: High with the cream and sprinkle every cupcake with the strawberry crunch combination.
How you can Retailer Strawberry Crunch Cake
I really like a great make forward possibility and this cake may be made as much as 24 hours forward of time, making it the proper dessert!
Within the Fridge: As a result of this cake has a cream topping, you’ll need to retailer it in an hermetic container in your fridge. It can last as long as 5 days.
Retailer leftover cake coated within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 baking dish with pan spray. Put aside.
Add the cake combine, jello powder, eggs, oil, and milk to a big bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium pace for two minutes.
Add the batter to the ready baking dish and bake for 25-Half-hour till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle and the middle springs again when evenly pressed on. Let the cake cool utterly.
To organize the topping, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl till clean. Add ⅓ of the whipped topping and stir till clean.
Fold within the remaining whipped topping and unfold evenly excessive of the cooled cake.
Add the golden Oreos (with out the filling) and the freeze-dried strawberries to a big ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You may crush them as a lot or as little as you’d like. I like a mix of chunky bits and crumbs. Sprinkle as a lot or as little as you’d like over the cake. I used about half of the combination.
Energy346kcal (17%)Carbohydrates40g (13%)Protein5g (10%)Fats18g (28%)Saturated Fats11g (55%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gTrans Fats0.2gLdl cholesterol87mg (29%)Sodium379mg (16%)Potassium128mg (4%)Fiber0.3g (1%)Sugar27g (30%)Vitamin A498IU (10%)Vitamin C29mg (35%)Calcium134mg (13%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.